If you observe a student bullying another student, report it...
Step 1: Confirm that the descriptive elements for bullying are met: violent and threatening behavior, repetition and inequality between the aggressor and the affected person.
- There is physical and/or psychological abuse
- The abuse or contact is deliberate
- The aggressor subdues, controls and/or frightens/intimidates with their behavior. There is a continuous repetition of teasing or aggression*.
Note: If the aggression occurs only once or does not meet all the elements to classify it as a bullying situation, then it may qualify as a disciplinary offense that will have a consequence according to the General Student Regulations (RGE).
In the event that these behaviors are based on gender-based violence or due to violations for belonging to historically discriminated groups, contact the Human Dignity Attention Point.
Step 2: File a written report through the ETHOS platform (available in MiTec). You can also report through the Student Well-being area of your campus and/or the TQueremos Line 800 813 9500.
When in doubt, report.
* Physical harassment; when there is pushing, kicking, or aggression with an object.
* Verbal harassment; when there are insults or humiliations.
* Psychological harassment; when the aggressive behaviors are aimed at reducing the self-esteem of the person being harassed.